A proper determination of a Cow in heat and right timing of insemination will determine a good Dairy farm. Failure to detect heat in cow, will be a huge economical loss to the breeder. Below are the common signs of Heat in cattle.
Signs of Heat in Cattle
- The animal is excited, restless and nervous.
- Frequent bellowing and reduced feed intake.
- Smelling, licking and mounting other animals.
- Standing still when being mounted, also known as standing heat
- Frequent micturition or urination
- Clear mucous discharge from the vulva Advertisement
- Swollen vulva and congestion and hyperemia of membrane
- Raised position of the tail
- Slight decrease in milk production
- On palpation, the uterus will be turgid and the cervix will open.
Steps are already been taken to BAN prepping... especially stockpiling food right here in America.CLICK BELOW to find out more.
Hello, I am Siddartha Reddy . A fulltime farmer and blogger who love to share all his farming experiences. Also, a strong supporter of sustainable farming practices. Thanks for visiting our site, let’s make this world a better place to live. Say No to Chemicals and plastics.