A proper determination of a Cow in heat and right timing of insemination will determine a good Dairy farm. Failure to detect heat in cow, will be a huge economical loss to the breeder. Below are the common signs of Heat in cattle.
Signs of Heat in Cattle
- The animal is excited, restless and nervous.
- Frequent bellowing and reduced feed intake.
- Smelling, licking and mounting other animals.
- Standing still when being mounted, also known as standing heat
- Frequent micturition or urination
- Clear mucous discharge from the vulva, and sometimes resembling string sticking around the vulva
- Swollen vulva and congestion and hyperemia of membrane
- Raised position of the tail
- Slight decrease in milk production
- On palpation, the uterus will be turgid and the cervix will open.
Hello, I am Siddartha Reddy . A fulltime farmer and blogger who love to share all his farming experiences. Also, a strong supporter of sustainable farming practices. Thanks for visiting our site, let’s make this world a better place to live. Say No to Chemicals and plastics.