Nili Ravi buffalo is located in Punjab province between India and Pakistan. Majorly between rivers Sutlej and Ravi. Nili Ravi looks almost like Murrah buffalo but it has walled eyes and white markings on forehead, face, muzzle, legs, and tail. The most desired character of Nili Ravi is the possession of these white markings known as “Panch Kalyani“. Also, their milk yield is around 1800 liters, with a fat percentage of 6.8.
Nili and Ravi are different breeds. Nili means blue, it is originated near to the Sutlej river of India and Ravi is from the banks of river Ravi
Nili Ravi Buffalo Characteristics
- The forehead is heavy head convex at the center.
- Nili Ravi buffaloes have walled eyes and white markings on forehead, face, muzzle, legs, and tail.
- Small and curled horn.
- The frame is medium sized.
- The tail is a long and white switch.
- Nili Ravi buffalo male weighs around 560 kg and female weigh around 450 kg.
- Its milk production ranges from 1500 liters to 1900 liters per lactation and the milk contains 5% to 8% fat content.
- The lactation period is around 300 days.
- Males attain maturity at the age of 30 months, and females at 36 months.
- First calving is around 40 months to 53 months.
- Calving interval is between 10 months to 31 months with an average of 15 months.
- Grazing Fodder and Concentrate are the major feed.
- Nili Ravi buffalo male height around 140 cm and female height around 130 cm.
- Nili Ravi buffalo male body length around 160 cm and female weigh around 165 cm.
Nili Ravi Buffalo details
|Breed Name||Nili Ravi Buffalo|
|Other Name||Panch Kalyani|
|Country/Place of Origin||Punjab, India|
|Milk Yield||6 liters to 10 liters|
|Climate Tolerance||Any climate|
Steps are already been taken to BAN prepping... especially stockpiling food right here in America.
Hello, I am Siddartha Reddy . A fulltime farmer and blogger who love to share all his farming experiences. Also, a strong supporter of sustainable farming practices. Thanks for visiting our site, let’s make this world a better place to live. Say No to Chemicals and plastics.